September 7, 2021
Valuable new resources for separated parents
The breakdown of a relationship can be very hard on children, especially if one parent leaves the family home. Our new Child Contact Centre provides a friendly and neutral setting where children can meet with the parent with whom they no longer live or any other family members. The mum or dad with whom they do live can be reassured that their children will be safe and secure. We work with both mum and dad to make sure the children understand what is happening and what it means for them.
We are an NACCC Accredited centre, which means that we are recognised as providing a professional standard of support to Courts, Social Workers, and most importantly parents and children, who can refer to Women’s Work with confidence.
We offer both supported and supervised support during the contact sessions and if you and your former partner don’t want to see each other you can use our Centre as a hand over point.
Visits to our Contact Centre are by referral only. Click here for more information on the services we offer, the forms you will need to complete to make a referral, and the costs incurred.
ICFA (Improving Child and Family Arrangements service)
ICFA support is tailored to meet the identified needs and outcomes required for each family’s ICFA referral and could include – but is not restricted to:
- Support for one or both adults, individually or jointly, with application of learning from the Separated Parents Information Programme (or equivalent)
- Dispute resolution work with one or both adults, individually or jointly
- Preparation for the child/ren to spend time with the other adult party
- Preparation with one or both adults, individually or jointly, to spend time with the child/ren
- Observed assessment of adult spending time with child/ren in a contact centre
- Observed assessment of adult spending time with child/ren in a community/other setting
- Completion of a parenting plan.
ICFA is not based on a number of sessions or hours, and the work undertaken will be different for each family depending on their individual needs and expected outcomes.